Primary School Direct Teacher Training Programme
Benedict Biscop Church of England Academy is an Outstanding Primary School and is the lead school for Primary School Teacher Training in the Prince Bishops Teaching School Alliance. Together with our strategic partners we offer our primary school teacher training programme across the North East. We provide a unique school based learning opportunity in partnership with Durham SCITT (School Centre Initial Teacher Training) who are graded Outstanding by Ofsted.
How to apply for Primary Teacher Training with PBTSA
STEP 1 – Do you meet our entry requirements? – CLICK HERE
STEP 2 – Apply on UCAS – enter provider code 1YQ and programme 2GR8 – CLICK HERE
STEP 3 – Await a response from your chosen provider
STEP 4 – Attend an interview ( should you have met the criteria)
STEP 5 – Been offered a place? We will talk you through what happens next
Applications for initial teacher training starting in September 2019 will open on the UCAS teacher training system in from 9th October 2018
Please click to read about our 2019-Primary Train to Teach Programme
Please feel free to visit the website pages of our partner schools below:
- Benedict Biscop Church of England Academy – Sunderland
- Cleadon Church of England Academy – South Tyneside
- Fulwell Infant School Academy – Sunderland
- Hart Primary School – Hartlepool
- St John’s Church of England Aided Primary School – Durham
- Richard Avenue Primary School – Sunderland
- St Oswald’s Church of England Primary School – South Tyneside
- St Paul’s Church of England Primary School – Sunderland
- St Peter’s Elwick Church of England Primary School – Hartlepool
Come and spend a day with us?
We offer personalised school experience days at a date to suit you, providing you with :
- The opportunity to discuss a career in teaching with senior leaders and teaching staff.
- A tour of the school
- A chance to observe lessons
- Advice on how you can gain experience in a classroom to support your application.
- Details of our school experience programme
- Advice about how to apply
School experience days – Please click on the school name below:
If you are a new graduate, or about to graduate or are considering a change of career, then you need to register your interest now by completing the form below and we will be in touch.
Please enter your details below to register your interest in attending one of the above school experience days :
If you do not have an up to date CV, then please do still register your interest below an this can be forwarded at a later date.